Photograph from the Curzon Collection: 'Rampur Album' of the Khas Bagh Palace at Rampur, taken by an unknown photographer in C.1905. The Khas Bagh, which contains an art gallery, a mini durbar hall and a music room, was built on the foundations of the old fort by W.C. Wright, the Chief Engineer, and now functions as a hotel. Wright was chosen to carry out the extensive remodelling and rebuilding of the fort and palace complex in the city by the Nawab of Rampur, Hamid Ali Khan on his ascension to the throne in 1896. Wright's architecture may be termed 'Indo-Saracenic', as it synthesises elements from Islamic, Hindu and the Gothic revival, which was a style used for many public buildings across India in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This is one of the photographs which was presented in an album to Lord Curzon, the Viceroy of India, by the Nawab on 8th June 1905, to commemorate his visit to the city. They are not an historical record of Curzon's visit but general views of Rampur.