Maharaja Rewa's Palace at Govindgurh [Govindgarh].
Photographer: Dayal, Deen
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the palace at Govindgarh from the Lee-Warner Collection taken by Deen Dayal in 1882. Govindgarh Palace is situated in the jungle c. 20 kilometres from Rewa on the west banks of Lake Vishwanath. The palace was built in the late 19th century for Raghuraj Singh of Rewa as a hunting retreat. It is famous for its White Tigers.