Miscellaneous sculptures from Hasanpur, Monghyr (Munger) District.
Photographer: Beglar, Joseph David
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of miscellaneous sculptures from Hasanpur taken by Joseph David Beglar c.1871-72 and forms part of the Archaeological Survey of India Collections. Hasanpur is also referred to as Jaynagar in the archaeological survey gazetteers. In his report of his photographic tour of 1872-73 Beglar wrote, "Outside the dargah, and to its east on a mound under a bat tree, is a large collection of statues in various stages of mutilation; they are mostly of no very ancient date, to judge from the execution. Among the fragments are those of Ganesa, Lakshmi, several lingams, a badly executed slab representing the Nava-graha, Hara Gauri, &c. The village of Hasanpur Kako is situated on a high mound." The sculpture is listed by Bloch as a, "Statue of four-armed goddess with two elephants above (Lakshmi); a slab with busts of one male and two female figures; fragments."