Outer wall on the south side of the Jami Masjid, Ahmadabad
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Jami Masjid at Ahmadabad in Gujarat, taken by an Army sergeant in c. 1881, by order of Major Cole, for the Archaeological Survey of India. The Jami Masjid at Ahmadabad was built by Sultan Ahmad Shah (r.1411-42) and completed in 1424. The courtyard of this imposing structure is entered from the north side. This is a view of a section of the outer wall on the south side of the mosque with old doorways piled up below the two projecting windows.