[View of the water tank in Bundi named] 'Sabiran Dha-Ka-Kund'. Built by the foster mother of His Highness Maharao Raja Bhao Singhji. Samvat 1711. AD 1654.
Photographer: Kale, Gunpatrao Abajee
Medium: Photographic print
View of the Sabiran-Dha-Ka-Kund tank at Bundi, Rajasthan taken by Gunpatrao Abajee Kale, c.1900. The photograph is from an album of views of Bundi formerly in the collection of Horatio Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener of Khartoum and Broome, (1850-1916), who was Commander in Chief of India between 1902 and 1909. Bundi was the historical capital of the former princely state of the same name in Rajputana. The ruling family of Bundi, the Hara Chauhan clan of Rajputs built a series of impressive palaces, gardens and tanks on the hillside here. The three-dimensional stepped water tank was built in 1654 by the foster mother of His Highness Maharao Raja Bhao Singhji.