Panoramic view of group of temples east of the Yameshvara Temple (left-hand section)
Photographer: Cornish, William Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Panoramic view of group of temples east of the Yameshvara Temple (leftt-hand section), from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections, taken by William Henry Cornish in c.1869. The Yameshvara Temple was built in the late 13th Century and consists of a sanctuary and a mandapa richly carved. There are many sacred temples in Bhubaneshwar which show the evolution of the Orissan style. The temples usually incorporate a towered sanctuary (rekha duel) and a square mandapa (pida duel).