Part of the fort wall, Kondapalle Fort, Krishna District.
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of part of the ruined hill fort at Kondapalle from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections, c.1880. The hill fort at Kondapalle in Andhra Pradesh was originally built around 1360 by the Reddis of Kondavid. It was captured by Bahmani King Humayun in 1458 and in 1687 it was occupied by the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. In 1766 the British under General Caillaud stormed the fort and took it. The fort is entered through three successive gates and on the fortified summit is the Tanisha Mahal or Palace.