Rajah's Palace, Bhurtpore [Baldeo Singh's Cenotaph, Gobardhan].
Photographer: Bourne, Samuel
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph was taken by Samuel Bourne in the 1860s. It shows the large masonry tank, known as Mansi Ganga, initially constructed by Raja Bhagwan Das of Amer in 1637 and later embellished by Man Singh of Jaipur. The royal cenotaphs commemorate Randhir Singh (ruled 1805-1823) and Baldeo Singh (1823-1825), Rajas of Bharatpur State on the border of modern-day Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.