Ram Bhawan, Deeg, used as Dispensary
Photographer: Priyalall and Company
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph from the Curzon Collection, of the Ram Bhavan at Dig in Rajasthan, taken by the studio of Priyalall & Company in c.1900. The Ram Bhavan is one of a group of pavilions in the beautiful 18th-century garden palace of the Jats of Bharatpur at Dig, begun by Badan Singh (ruled 1722-33) and continued by his son Suraj Mal (ruled 1733-63). The complex consists of pavilions arranged around a formal garden flanked by tanks or reservoirs and the Ram Bhavan lies on the northern edge. In the early twentieth century there were 10 medical dispensaries in Bharatpur State and the caption of the photograph indicates that the Ram Bhavan was the site of one of them.