South-east view of the Shishireshvara Temple, Bhubaneshwar
Photographer: Cornish, William Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Shishireshvara Temple, Bhubaneshwar from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections, taken by William Henry Cornish in 1892. This temple dates from the late 8th Century and it is situated in the same compound of the Vaital Deul. The upper part of the tower that covers the sanctuary has disappeared. The walls are decorated with very fine sculptures including those of Ganesha and Nataraja. This is a view looking along the sculptured façade of the mandapa towards the sanctuary.