South-east view of the façade of the Bibiji Mosque at Rajapur Hirpur, Ahmadabad 10031686
Photographer: Cousens, Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the facade of the Bibiji Mosque, at Rajpur, Ahmadabad in Gujarat taken in the 1880s by Henry Cousens from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections. The mosque, one of four in Rajpur, was built in 1454. It it is vast structure with five large domes. At the north end of the mosque is a royal gallery enclosed by perforated screens. This view shows the entrance and flanking minarets; the left minaret has been damaged by lightening.