St Peter's Church and Arsenal Yard, Fort William, Calcutta.
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph of the St. Peter's Church from the 'Walter Hawkins Nightingale (PWD) collection: Album of views of Calcutta, was taken by an unknown photographer in the 1880s. St Peter's Church was built within the walls of Fort William and, although its foundation stone was laid in 1822 and it was consecrated in 1828, the building was not completed until 1835. The church was built by Captain Hutchinson and was considered a rare example of Regency Gothic architecture in India. This view also shows weapons piled up in the Arsenal Yard.