Side or end view of Panchalinga Temple, Huli, Belgaum District
Photographer: Burgess, James
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of a side view of the Panchalinga temple at Huli, taken by James Burgess in 1874.This temple complex consists of five sanctuaries, the central three being fused together and sharing a common closed hall. The preceding large open hall has a wide sloping roof supported by short pillars on a low parapet wall. The pyramidal towers are decorated with architectural elements characteristic of the Chalukya architecture around AD 1100.