South-east view of central portion of the façade of the Bibiji Mosque at Rajapur Hirpur, Ahmadabad
Photographer: Cousens, Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the facade of the Bibiji Mosque, at Rajpur, Ahmadabad in Gujarat taken by Henry Cousens in c. 1890, from the Archaeological Survey of India. One of four mosques in Rajpur, the Bibiji Mosque was built in 1454. It it is vast structure with five large domes. At the north end of the mosque is a royal gallery enclosed by perforated screens. This view shows the entrance and flanking minarets; the left minaret had recently been repaired after being damaged by lightening.