South-east view of the façade of the Bibiji Mosque at Rajapur Hirpur, Ahmadabad 1745
Photographer: Cousens, Henry
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the facade of the Bibiji Mosque, at Rajpur, Ahmadabad in Gujarat taken in the 1880s by Henry Cousens, from the Archaeological Survey of India. This mosque, one of four in Rajpur, was built in 1454. It it is vast structure with five large domes. At the north end of the mosque is a royal gallery enclosed by perforated screens. This view shows the entrance and flanking minarets; the left minaret had recently been repaired after being damaged by lightening.