View of the façade of the Town Hall at Kolhapur with some staff outside, taken by an unknown photographer in 1894 from the Lee-Warner Collection: 'Souvenirs of Kolhapur. Installation of H.H. the Maharajah, 1894' . In the late 19th century a number of buildings were constructed at Kolhapur in the Indo-Saracenic architectural style which was a fusion of Victorian Gothic architecture with Indian elements. It was developed at Kolhapur by the architect Major Charles Mant under the auspices of the Maharaja. The Town Hall was designed by Mant and was constructed between 1872 and 1876. The building has two spires and a steep roof, inside is a large central hall and gallery with two rooms on either side joined to the main hall by a spacious verandah in front. A fine porch with a terrace over it, joined to the hall and gallery adorns the front of the building.