The Church, Kurrachee [Karachi, Pakistan].
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph was taken in the 1860s to form part of an album entitled 'Photographs of India and Overland Route'. It shows the Church of the Holy Trinity in Karachi in modern-day Pakistan. Commenced in 1852 and completed in 1855, the church was designed by Captain John Hill and is the oldest and largest Protestant church in Sind. The tower, at 250 feet tall, was clearly visible to ships approaching Karachi harbour and was used as a beacon tower.