Photograph of the Keshava Temple at Somnathpur from the 'Photograph album of Major General Jackson Muspratt Muspratt-Williams', taken by an unknown photographer in the 1860s. This temple is the last well preseved temple of the Hoysala period, was built in 1268. The temple faces east and is situated in the middle of a courtyard. A pillared mandapa leads to three star-shaped sanctuaries which reflect the dedication of the temple to the three aspects of Vishnu under the form of the god Keshava. Friezes with elephants, horses, scrollwork, makaras and geese adorn the basement while the walls are covered of figural panels of the various divinities set in the walls projections. The pyramidal tower is almost circular in plan and consists of diminishing storeys with pot motifs and foliated arched niches with miniature deities.