The Fort, Lahore, with the marble Baraduree in the Royal gardens.
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the Hazuri Bagh Baradari in Lahore from the Brandreth Collection: 'Views in Simla, Cashmere and the Punjaub' taken by an unknown photographer in the 1860s. The Hazuri Bagh Baradari, the marble pavilion in the centre of the garden, was built by Ranjit Singh (1780-1839) in 1818 with marble taken from various Mughal tombs and from the floor of the hamman, or royal bath in Lahore Fort. Elegant carved marble pillars support delicate cusped arches. The central area, where Ranjit Singh held court, has a mirrored ceiling. The pavilion consisted of two storeys until it was damaged by lightning in 1932.