Telegraph Office, Calcutta
Photographer: Humpidge and Company, James
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph of the Telegraph Office from the 'Walter Hawkins Nightingale (PWD) collection: Album of views of Calcutta, was taken by James Humpidge and Company in the late 1870s. Construction of the Telegraph Office started in 1873 on the corner of Old Court House Street and Hare Street, at the south-west corner of Dalhousie Square (now BBD Bagh).