This photograph of the Residency, Bangalore taken in the 1890s by an unknown photographer, is from the Curzon Collection's 'Souvenir of Mysore Album'.A note with the photograph reads, "Used as residency from the days of Sir Mark Cubbon, 1834, and enlarged by Mr Bowring and Sir Richard Meade. During the regime of Mr R.A. Dalyell, a wooden dining room was added, - known as the 'Serapis Hall' named after the ship in which H.R.H. the Prince of Wales visited India - to entertain His Royal Highness in, though he did not visit Bangalore owing to an outbreak of cholera. Later, this was replaced by the present structure known by the same name. The Residency was built from Mysore State funds and handed over to the British Govrnment, at the Rendition, in exchange for the Fort of Bangalore, which, up to that date, was British territory by right of conquest."