The Main Street, Mysore
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph of a Main Street, Mysore taken in the 1890s by an unknown photographer, is from the Curzon Collection's 'Souvenir of Mysore Album'. Mysore, once the dynastic capital of the state, was superseded by Seringapatam as the seat of the court from 1610 until Tipu's death in 1799. In 1831, upon British occupation, the seat of administration was transferred to Bangalore. At the end of the street a small way-side shrine can be seen.