View from back of Hi[?]s house, Sooray [Siuri].
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of the view from the back of a house in Siuri.This photograph was taken by an unknown photographer in the 1870s and forms part of the Temple Collection. Siuri is situated on the east slope of a gravel ridge running along the south bank of the Mor river at a point where it subsides into the level country. Traditionally it was a stopping place on the way to Rajnagar; in 1820 Siuri became the capital of the Birbhum District, Bengal.