Views of the Town Church, Rangoon.
Medium: Photographic print
Photograph of Holy Trinity Church in Rangoon (Yangon), Burma (Myanmar), taken by an unknown photographer during the 1870s, part of the Dunlop Smith Collection: Sir Charles Aitchison Album of Views in India and Burma. An Anglican church, it was designed by Captain J.M. Williams, Executive Engineer, and completed in 1865 on a site close to the Rangoon River in central Rangoon between Strand Road and Merchant Street. This view is taken from Strand Road and shows the south elevation.