AN EXACT SURVEIGH OF THE STREETS LANES AND CHVRCHES CONTAINED WITHIN THE RVINES OF THE CITY OF LONDON FIRST DESCRIBED IN SIX PLATS
Cartographer: Leake, John
This map was reduced by John Leake from a large-scale survey on six sheets produced in December 1666 to assess the damage caused by the great fire. No copy of this large scale survey has ever been found. This is the second edition of this map, updated and issued in 1669 with a dedication to Sir William Turner, the Lord Mayor of London for that year. The map's title appears along the top of the manuscript, with the City arms and dedication at top centre. The key to buildings destroyed in the fire appears in a table at top right, with a compass star at bottom right, scale bar and imprint at bottom left, and an illustration of the city on fire inset at top left. The location of livery halls destroyed in the fire is indicated by their respective coats of arms. Letters identify individual City wards, with ward boundaries indicated by a pecked line. Buildings outside the city walls, undamaged by the fire, are represented three dimensionally.