A MAP OF THE PARISH OF ST MARY ROTHERHITH (1755)
Surveyor: Pullen, John
Plan from J. Strype's edition of J. Stow's Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster published in 1754-56. The title appears along the top with compass rose, scale bar and table of reference in the centre.
Damaged by repeated flooding, the old medieval parish church of St Mary was demolished at the beginning of the 18th century. In 1715, a new parish church was erected on the site with funds raised by the parishioners themselves after the commissioners of the Fifty New Churches Act turned down their request for money.