Aldgate ward with its division into parishes. Taken from the last survey, with corrections & additions (1754)
Cartographer: Blome, Richard
This map is taken from Strype's 1754 annotated edition of Stow's 'Survey of England'. The map's title features in ornamental cartouche at top left, with a key to streets, yards, halls, courts and private properties in a table at top centre. The compass star appears at bottom left and the scale bar at bottom right. First published in 1720, Strype's ward plans were carefully updated for this 1754 edition.