Aldgate ward with its divisions into precincts & parishes according to a new survey (1756)
Engraver: Cole, Benjamin,
This plan was published in William Maitland's 'History of London from Its Foundation to the Present Time'. The plan's title features in cartouche at top left, with the arms of Alderman Robert Scott, to whom the plan is dedicated, at top right. The compass star is included at middle left, with a view of St James' Duke Place at bottom right.
The scale bar is at bottom centre, with a view of the Church of St Catherine Coleman at bottom right. Engraved by Cole, Maitland's ward plans were largely derived from Strype's plans, with the illustrations copied from West & Tow's 1736 'Prospect Views of Ancient Churches'.