Mogg's new London guide, 1849 :the coloured lines exhibit the omnibus routes
Publisher: Mogg, Edward
The "coloured lines" referred to in the title of this map are now faded, with only a pale orange remaining. The circle marked on the map just above St. Paul's covers a radius of two miles around the Post Office. The Post Office was erected on the site of St Martin-le-Grand. Designed by Sir Robert Smirke, it was opened in 1829. The expanding railway network is evident in the five lines coming into London.