A new map of London and its environs from and original survey. Extending 8 miles east and west, 6 1/4 miles north & south in which all new and intended buildings and improvements, &c. are carefully inserted (1827)
Engraver: Thompson, George
Medium: Engraving, coloured
This folding map is set within a decorative border. The title and imprint feature at top right, the compass star at middle right, and scale bar at bottom left. The river, open spaces and the built-up area in the city are delineated in colour. This is the fourth edition of a map first issued by Thompson in 1822, updated with the addition of St. Katherine's Dock and the housing developments in the Marylebone and Mile End areas.