[Plan of property in St Paul's churchyard, belonging to the Mercers' Company and others]
Draughtsman: Baker, John
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
This is a manuscript plan of St Paul's churchyard, properties are lettered and coloured for reference with the key at upper right. Most of the area shown was leased to the Mercers' Company, the premier Livery Company of the City of London.
St Paul's School (plot G on the plan) was founded in 1509 by John Colet, Mercer and Dean of St Paul’s Cathedral, who entrusted his estate to the Company for the endowment of the school.