[Drawn plan of part of Pall Mall, north side, St Alban Street, St James' Market &c. as it was in 1794]
Surveyor: Chawner, Thomas
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
This plan records the size, street number and the tenant of each property. It also shows the ground plan of St James's Market to the south of Jermyn Street, before it was demolished to make way for Waterloo Place and Regent Street. St James's Market had flourished until the early years of the 19th century as a thrice-weekly general market, supplying most of the West End.