[Drawn plan of Marlborough House and garden and the several houses on the south side of Pall Mall to the fourth beyond the Marquis of Buckingham's House]
Surveyor: Chawner, Thomas
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
As well as Marlborough House, this copied plan also shows the ground plots of several properties on the south side of Pall Mall, with coach houses and stables. The names of all the tenants and the dimensions of the dwellings are recorded on the plan.
Marlborough Hose was built for Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough, after Queen Anne granted a 50-year lease on the land adjoining St James's Palace. The house remained in the Marlborough family until 1817 when the property was returned to the Crown.