THE ROYAL GARDENS VAUXHALL
Printer: Grieve, John
This plan was produced for the sale of the Royal Gardens in 1842. The title and compass star feature at top centre. Opened in 1660, the Vauxhall Royal Gardens (or Spring Gardens as they were called until 1785) were for years a popular venue for exhibitions, concerts of popular music and firework displays. When the owners went bankrupt in 1840, the gardens were closed, the site sold and the furniture auctioned.