The wards of Coleman Street and Bassishaw taken from the last survey with corrections & amendment
Engraver: Cole, Benjamin
This plan was published in William Maitland's 'History of London from its Foundation to the Present Time'. Its title features in cartouche at middle right, with compass star at top left. The coats of arms of the map's dedicatees, ward Aldermen Robert Alsop and William Baker, appear at top centre and top right respectively. Includes two views of parish churches: St Stephen Coleman Street at upper left and St Michael Bassishaw at bottom right.
Maitland's ward plans were largely derived from Strype, with the illustrations copied from West & Tow's 1736 'Prospect Views of Ancient Churches'.