Photographer: Payne Jennings, John (1843-1926)
Medium: Photographic print
“Belaugh Church. – Locally pronounced Be-law, is just a stroll from Wroxham Station, probably little more than a mile. It is commandingly on an eminence overhanging the Bure which is hereabouts very pretty. The river between Wroxham and Belaugh winds three parts of a circle, so that one if pulling in a dingy, is often led to wonder if he will ever reach the church, which by river is no less than four miles. The vicarage garden is in summer a very pretty sight, as it skirts the river for some distance.”
Letterpress description by Ernest R. Suffling accompanying Plate XIX from ‘Sun Pictures of the Norfolk Broads’.