Christ's Hospital 34
Photographer: Dixon, Henry (1820 - 1892)
Medium: Photographic print
This photograph shows the front of the Hospital overlooking the old burial ground of Christ Church.
"This portion of the Hospital was erected soon after the Great Fire - in 1682 according to the inscription over the gateway, - by Sir Robert Clayton, Lord Mayor of London, also a great benefactor of St. Thomas's Hospital."
Letterpress by Alfred Marks from 'Photographs of Old London'.