Photographer: Dixon, Henry (1820 - 1892)
Medium: Photographic print
"College Street (formerly Elbow Lane) and College Hill take their name from a foundation of Whittington, famous in City annals as having been four times Lord Mayor and thrice buried; still more famous in legend as the fortunate owner of a cat. The Church shown in the background...is St. Michael's, Paternoster Royal."
The doorway of Innholders' Hall is to the left of the photograph.
Letterpress by Alfred Marks from 'Photographs of Old London'.