Photographer: Johnson, Edward
Medium: Photographic print
Exterior of St Edmund's, Emneth, with a fine hammerbeam roof, lofty tower and well-proportioned bell-cot giving "an effect to the outside view of this church, which raises it above the level of many churches of the same period...On a careful examination of this Church, it is evident that the original structure was commenced towards the latter part of the 12th century."
It houses an altar tomb of Sir Thomas Hewar by Nichlas Stone (1631).
Text by Vicar of Emneth J W Berryman from the book 'The Fen and Marshland Churches'.