Hoare Abbey, Through Circular Window, Rock Of Cashel
Photographer: Hemphill, William Despard
Medium: Photographic print
"This abbey was originally in the possession of the Benedictine Monks, who were expelled by Archbishop M'Carvil, in 1269, who bestowed it on Cistercians, from Mellifont, Co. Louth. The ruin is in the usual form of a cross, with square tower, choir, nave, and lateral aisles."
Extract from 'Stereoscopic Illustrations of Clonmel'.