Henry VII.'s Chapel, Looking East
Photographer: Harrington, John
Medium: Photographic print
Interior of the Lady chapel built by Henry VII at Westminster Abbey from 1503-1519. The banners of the Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath surround its walls. "A flight of twelve black stairs lead up beneath a noble portal, 28 feet north to south, by 24 feet east to west, and 17 feet in height, into a nave of four bays with lateral Chapels and terminating in a pentagonal apse, with five deeply recessed chantries.
The dimensions of the interior are: length of Nave, 103 feet, 9 inches; breadth, 35 feet, 9 inches; height 60 feet, 7 inches; entire breadth, including Aisles, 70 feet 1 inch; height of West window, 45 feet; breadth of ditto, 31 feet. This Photograph was taken during the time when the organ was under repair, and services were held in this Chapel."
Descriptive letterpress by John Harrington of Brighton from the book 'The Abbey and Palace of Westminster'