Henry VII.'s Chapel, South Aisle
Photographer: Harrington, John
Medium: Photographic print
Interior of the Lady chapel built by Henry VII at Westminster Abbey from 1503-1519.
"The Aisles of the Lady Chapel are 62 feet 5 inches in length and 17 feet 2 inches in breadth. This South Aisle contains the recumbent effigy of Margaret, Countess of Lennox, who died A.D. 1577; the cinque cento tomb with recumbent effigy of the ill-fated Mary Queen of Scots, who was buried here in 1587; and the recumbent effigy in bronze of Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Richmond, A.D. 1509. Charles II., William III., Queens Mary and Anne, &c., were also buried here."
Descriptive letterpress by John Harrington of Brighton from the book 'The Abbey and Palace of Westminster'