Newcastle House, Lincoln's Inn Fields
Photographer: Dixon, Henry (1820 - 1892)
Medium: Photographic print
Newcastle House, originally known as Powis House at Lincoln's Inn Fields was erected by Lord Powis about 1686 and designed by Captain William Winde.
"Till quite recently the right-hand half of the house, No. 67, was well known as being the offices of the Society for the Promotion of Christian Knowledge."
Letterpress by Alfred Marks from 'Photographs of Old London'.