Old Houses In Drury Lane 10
Photographer: Dixon, Henry (1820 - 1892)
Medium: Photographic print
View in Drury Lane, looking south and showing the St Mary le Strand steeple. A 134 foot tall Maypole was erected on the site of the church in 1661 which Alfred Marks describes in 'Photographs of Old London'. He also notes the gabled house in this view was formerly the "Cock and Magpie" tavern, "a place of entertainment in the reign of Henry VII."