Queen's Head Inn Yard 54
Photographer: Dixon, Henry (1820 - 1892)
Medium: Photographic print
"We have seen that this Inn is mentioned by Stow. It does not appear in Mr. Rendle's map, where however we find, occupying apparently the same site, the 'Crowned' or 'Crossed Keys,' a sign derived from St. Peter's Keys. It seems probable that, the old sign perhaps growing out of favour with the progress of the reformed religion, the Inn was re-christened after the Virgin Queen."
Letterpress by Alfred Marks from 'Photographs of Old London'.