S. Margaret's, Lynn, Exterior
Photographer: Johnson, Edward
Medium: Photographic print
In the book 'The Fen and Marshland Churches' E M Beloe describes the history of Saint Margaret's Church in King's Lynn, Norfolk, from Saxon times. He traces its growth to cathedral-like proportions during the 12th to the 16th century and its reconstruction after a gale in 1741 blew down a spire which formerly crowned the southwest tower.
The west front of Saint Margaret's retains some very beautiful portions of the Norman Church "in the lower portion of the south-west tower, above the blank wall, which unfortunately intercepts the view, and the fluted quasi buttresses at the sides of the same tower."