S. Nicholas', Lynn, Exterior 27
Photographer: Johnson, Edward
Medium: Photographic print
In the book 'The Fen and Marshland Churches' E M Beloe describes the construction of Saint Nicholas', "between the years of 1146 and 1174...The Chapel of S. Nicholas now remains, as far as its structure is concerned, perfect as when built. The photographs give a very correct idea of this remarkable building towards its western end; the tower of the old Chapel was left standing, and the ground being raised, possibly to avoid the injury done by the tide."