Salhouse Little Broad
Photographer: Payne Jennings, John (1843-1926)
Medium: Photographic print
“Salhouse Little Broad. – Salhouse Church, dedicated to All Saints, may be visited from here. Among other noticeable features worthy of note is the position of the tower, which is detached from the main building, standing about four or five feet from the west end. Some relics of past ages are shewn here, notably two stone coffins, a sanctus bell and the stand of the hour-glass which once measured out the length of a sermon, just as now-a-days we mete out the time for cooking an egg.
Salhouse and Wroxham Station are about equidistant from the Broad, viz., about 3 ½ miles.”
Letterpress description by Ernest R. Suffling accompanying Plate LIII from ‘Sun Pictures of the Norfolk Broads’.