The South Transept, Shewing The Double Triforium And Clerestory, AD 1178
Medium: Photographic print
Interior of the South Transept at Canterbury Cathedral, flooded with light from gigantic end windows. The cathedral was founded in 597 by Saint Augustine and rebuilt in the Romanesque style by its Norman Archbishop Lanfranc. The nave and cloisters were rebuilt in Perpendicular style in the 14th century; the transepts and towers were completed in the 15th century.