The New Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Writer: Tarbotton, Marriott Ogle (1835 - 1887)
Medium: Photographic print
The New Trent Bridge was designed and erected by Marriott Ogle Tarbotton who held office as Nottingham's Borough Engineer from 1859 to 1880. Demolition of the Old Trent Bridge, seen here to the left of the photograph, began in October 1871.
"The Bridge was opened for public traffic on the 25th of July, 1871, by the Mayor, Sheriff, Magistrates, and Corporation, when an immense concourse of persons from the Town and neighbourhood were present."
Text by Marriott Ogle Tarbotton from the book 'History of the Old Trent Bridge'